HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION
- Graduation Information
- NNPS-TV Broadcasts & DVDs
View the broadcast schedule of all high school graduations on NNPS-TV. Also video DVDs are available for purchase at nnpstv.com.
To ensure that schools and students are prepared for the first day of classes, parents are encouraged to register students as soon as possible.
The Peninsula Health District is offers back-to-school immunizations for school age children at the Peninsula Health Center, 416 J. Clyde Morris Boulevard (adjacent to Riverside Regional Medical Center) in Newport News on a walk-in basis during regular hours.
*Through a special provision of the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, the following schools will provide free breakfast and lunch to all students: An Achievable Dream Academy, Marshall Early Learning Center, Discovery STEM Academy, Newsome Park Elementary School, McIntosh Elementary School, Sedgefield Elementary School, and Huntington Middle School.
Household size and income will be used to determine eligibility for free or reduced price meals. Only one application per household needs to be completed.
Free & Reduced Meal Form
- First day of school is Tuesday, September 6, 2016.
- 2016-17 School Calendar
- 2016-17 An Achievable Dream Calendar
- Marking Periods and More Calendars
- School Schedules (Operating Hours)
Orientation/Open House Schedule
- 6th Grade Orientation, Aug. 31, 1-3pm (bus transportation provided)
- Middle School Open House, Aug. 31, 4-7pm
- Early Childhood Center & Elementary Open Houses, Sept. 1,
- High School Freshman & New Student Orientation, Sept. 2, 8-11:30am (bus transportation provided)
- Download our free NNPS App for your iPhone and Android
- NNPS Facebook Page
- Follow @nnschools on Twitter
- Subscribe to our RSS feed
More Family Resources
- Directory of Schools
- Dress Code Information
- Rights & Responsibilities Handbook for Students & Parents
- More Helpful Family Resources
ParentVUE is a web-based tool that allows families to communicate with a student’s school and monitor attendance and grades.